rss
twitter
    Share your latest "creatives" on twitter...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Short Story

        In walking through the uncertain paths, seeking for the treasures of life, we need to choose the right road to step on. Sometimes choosing is quite undertaking since not all we thought good are all right. Thus all bad lies the beauty of dishonesty.

           Thousand miles away before I reached the pick of my journey, I was walking in the edge of the burning desert's mirage, looking up to the golden bulb above, ignoring all the unresolved agonies and interminably incessant obstacles. Along the runway, I found a mystical tree which I decided to settle down. I lied down caressing on its hilarious numinous veins refreshing my exhausted soul. While on the midst of that momentum, I was fascinated by the single fruit hanging above the mystical tree, as I hailed up my head above on its dancing branches; the fruit possesses inconceivable image, its enticing color awakened my lost spirit, so mouthwatering like a dazzling shimmering splendor. My voraciousness and my profound curiosity tempted me to catch that glittering fruit.


          As I snatched it, suddenly an old gray-bearded  man showed up obversely while the fruit was on my little palms.

          "Dispo!", he sung. "I have been in the foretold story of my fortune, and I now I am searching for a portion of its broken pieces. Those pieces were my broken miseries. I am heading for the pursuit of happiness. I have been in long years of journey, I live in thirst and starve...." , he continued.

         He was looking to me piteously and said, "I would be glad if you have something to offer!" in a very innocent voice, muffled and fainted.

          Without apprehensions, I gave the fruit to the poor old man, realizing that he was asking for food. I was very hungry that time, but I saw him more hungry than me. My heart was in darkness,  drowned by my sympathy to his unfortunate destiny.

          As I winked the windows of my soul, the old man suddenly disappeared. I was so frightened. I stood up, leave the tree and continue my journey. I have a long run to go on. As I walked farther from the tree, I found the same fruit I have seen on the mystical tree. But now on its amazing, more colorful, more alluring and more tempting. The fruits was carefully placed on a huge box like a box of a golden treasure, and I found a note carved on a vintage wood stating: 
"If you sacrifice a certain thing, there lies a thousand treasure."
_____________________________
Got lessons?

Share the lessons you learned from this story by leaving a comment below. You may also find us on facebook to get acquainted with the writer and contributors of  this weblog. The more you share the more you will learn.  We would like you also to cast compliment reviews of the writing itself for improvement purposes of our post, considering grammar, sentence construction, figurative language used, etc. everything are very  much welcome as long as it is informative.
_____________________________

The short story "Thousand Treasures" was inspired by the fruitful imagination of Ajidz Abdurahman. An aspiring literature enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Read "Creatives"...

Enter you E-mail Address to get OC updates right in your INBOX!

Share

Widgets